Second District Records Ready to Rock Union Stage

Midnight Club Tour.

Jessica Anthony

At the beginning of 2021, Second District Records was down to three members. Decimated by the pandemic and unable to put on events and shows, American University’s student run record label was stripped to its barest of bones. However, with a return back to campus and a team dedicated to growing the organization and its potential, they have since seen explosive growth and a new team of almost seventy members.

With this relaunch and a new roster of exceptional student artists, SDR has just announced their Revival Release Concert to showcase the talent of not only fellow AU students but also local DMV area artists Mo Sella and Dre Wave$.

The event is free for all AU students (and friends!) to attend, with free food, drinks for sale, and live music spanning across every genre imaginable. Artists like Livvy and Liv Wood will be bringing an acoustic singer-songwriter energy to the stage, contrasted by acts like Scuttlebus and Massave with a more rock-geared sound. Also on the roster are Wrenmo, a hyperpop focused artist, and Landward Edge, an experimental electronica act. Many of these artists will be playing unreleased songs, some releasing music for the first time in their careers. It’s a moment that cannot be missed, so be sure to RSVP on Campuslabs and check out Second District artists on streaming.