AU's Student-Run Internet-Only Radio

WVAU

AU's Student-Run Internet-Only Radio

WVAU

AU's Student-Run Internet-Only Radio

WVAU

underscores x Union Stage preview – Sunday, Oct. 1

underscores x Union Stage preview - Sunday, Oct. 1

Get ready to rock out with underscores this Sunday, October 1 at Union Stage! If you’re in the mood for a high energy performance that mixes elements of hyperpop, rock, and pop-punk, this show is for you.

underscores has risen in popularity in tandem with a new wave of hyperpop music pioneered by artists like SOPHIE and 100 gecs. Her debut album skin purifying treatment, released in 2018, marks the beginning of her rapidly successful hyperpop career. underscores released her sophomore album fishmonger in 2021, which garnered popularity with its signature pitched vocals and maximalist arrangements. 

underscores’ new album Wallsocket is an eclectic mix of distorted vocals, electrifying guitar, and mesmerizing snares. From energetic opening track “Cops and robbers” to emotionally hard-hitting “You don’t even know who I am”, underscores explores a vast array of lyrical arrangements, production, and instrumentation. Featuring contributions from artists gabby start, henhouse!, and Jane Remover, Wallsocket pushes the boundaries of hyperpop.

To experience underscores’ masterful songwriting, arrangement, and performance for yourself, be sure to catch her at Union Stage on October 1! This is a show you won’t want to miss.