AU's Student-Run Internet-Only Radio

WVAU

AU's Student-Run Internet-Only Radio

WVAU

AU's Student-Run Internet-Only Radio

WVAU

EARWORM RETURNS!

The album art for Charli XCX’s 2020 album “how i’m feeling now.” Photo credits: https://open.spotify.com/album/3a9qH2VEsSiOZvMrjaS0Nu?si=QDKqsHQZTcCUBAM9EoI7Kw

EARWORM IS BACK! Welcome to another semester of your favorite musical opinion column. It’s been a while since we last spoke. And reader, much is new!

The air is getting colder, so I’ve begun my annual rediscovery of the wonder that is Jeff Buckley’s discography. The entirety of his sophomore album “Grace” has naturally been on repeat, but I’ve also been getting into “Sketches for my Sweetheart.” Vancouver, the ninth track on the 1998 album, is the perfect song to blast as you trek up the hill on Massachusetts Ave. towards campus and gape at the foliage.

In a completely different corner of my brain, Charli XCX is holding a 24/7 kiki. “how i’m feeling now,” released in May of 2020, encapsulates how it feels to be a little girl in the big city. Play “party 4 u” when you’re feeling like you went a little too hard last night, or “detonate” when you need a little extra energy on your way to class.

Finally, it is with deep shame and regret that I report my absence at last weekend’s All Things Go festival. If I had been so lucky as to attend that hallowed event, here are the songs I would have been the most excited to witness live:

1. “Moves” by Suki Waterhouse
  2. “Cut to the Feeling” by Carly Rae Jepsen
  3. “One That Got Away” by MUNA
  4. “Sun Bleached Flies” by Ethel Cain
  5. “Runner” by Alex G
  6. Lana Del Rey’s entire set (obviously)

One day, I’ll be barricade at a Lana Del Rey concert. Until then, I’ll just listen to her music and regret my failure to hand over the money last January. 

I’m so excited to put my EARWORM hat back on this fall, and I hope you, my loyal readers, will continue to enjoy it just as much as me! As always, you can find a playlist with every EARWORM song ever right here. TTYL!